Monday, June 8

Day 2 of Scrap Vortex QAL

Pair sewing continues

So enjoy going thru my scraps. Some of them are from my mom. Many are from previous quilt projects. I am going about this with picking those that look great together along with those combinations that are unexpected. Today focused on different sizes of pairs and mixing it up. What I do is sew pairs for a hour via string method. The cut them apart, press and trim. This usually also takes about an hour. Yesterday I spent 2 hours. Today about 5.5 hours. Would have loved to do this I. My outdoor sewing room, but too windy. So far I have 3/4 of a shoe box filled when pressed down thight. I will take a break this evening and work on some hand quilting on my Downton Abbey quilt. I have lost my calus so that tells you long long it has been. I have had some slight discomfort in my right hand with the hand quilting, so wanted to take a bit of a break. 

So excited on the next step after sewing the pairs. Hopefully will get posted this Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment