Thursday, October 22

Modern Quilt Block Quilt

Quilting

A few years ago I ran across a quilting site "Modern Quilt Blocks". http://www.42quilts.com/p/modern-monday.html
I thought they were unique and different. As with many early projects I got bright bold fabrics for this project. The. Other things got in the way. This past summer I revisited many of my UFO's. With a new winter home in Marana, AZ during the winter I thought these blocks could be turned into a wallhanging for my main bathroom. For some reason homes in this area are very neutral in colors. I put the blocks together and used up a few jellyroll strips. I have been dabbling in machine quilting and love the narrow straight line quilting. The quilting was perfect for this project. I spent most of the day yesterday quilting it and then hand sewing the binding in the evening. Love the outcome.



I made a few fabric pumpkins. I didn't have much orange, but used up some Browns and greens. Went outside and got some grapes wiggly twigs for the top. These could be very addictive. Added some lavender from my garden.



Cherith update

Classes resumed and Cherith is meeting with advisors and professors. All have been very open to slow progression of school work. Cherith finds it difficult to concentrate for more than one page. Lots of stress added in to an already stressful school year. Easily overwhelmed. Hopefully time will heal all. She also will need to do a lot of insurances paperwork for claims.

Abi has come home for her short fall break. She is looking for food to eat and just time away for a bit. We also got our car back after about a week of body work to the tune of $8,000 following a deer accident.

Fall is in the air, but warmer days. Have been a little lax on exercise this pass week, time to get back in grove. 

Quilting today will be to work on some tumbler block rows for the Leader and Ender project-Bonnie Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment