Saturday, January 9

Week one of 365 Challenge Quilt

The Challenge

A few months ago Kathy http://www.365challenge.com.au/inspiration/. posted a challenge that I thought was awesome. Make a block every day Of the year. Sounds interesting and something I could do. I saw the quilt layout and was sold. Blocks range from 3-6 inches and a few slightly bigger. The web site shows all the possibilities. They are tiny blocks that remind me of Dear Jane or Dear Hannah. 

We will be traveling to our "winter" home in Tucson AZ. for the first time. Purchased the home on our travels home last March. We will be traveling with a car full of things. Last year I completed several hand sewing projects. I currently have several more Dutch Treat blocks to complete. I also cut out some miniature blocks to hand see on the drive down. I am not planing on taking a sewing machine down this year. Maybe I can find one at a garage sale or resale shop. Also may start hand quilting Allietarecherith if I have time. http://allietarecherith.blogspot.com/

My colors will be blues, Browns and greens. A bright pink at times for contrast.

Here are week one blocks in blues.




This is a perfect hand sewing project. I have gathered several fabrics for the trip. We will see if I can keep up. We will be without internet for a bit, and travels will prevent cutting the blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment