Thursday, August 6

Quilting and loving it!

Following blogs can be dangerous to a quilter. So many great quilts, quilt alongs and other ideas. While I did spend some time with my fabric stash. I ironed, re folded and organized drawers by colors. I discovered new fabric combinations. I worked on a block posted by the Academic Quilter. Simple but striking. I even added some log cabin blocks to the mini quilt. Now trying to decide on final border. Not sure it this is for bedroom or master bath in AZ. I worked on these blocks as I ran out of pink quilting thread on another small sampler I completed. This quilt I used some  pink fabric that I had a lot of. I think the name will be raspberry cooler. Pink with green. Something I do not do often. Quilting with walking foot on small diagonal lines close together. Something I really like. Maybe for the front door. So doing the sewing outdoors, sunny and cooler, but allergies got the best of me yesterday.

We have another showing of the home next week. We will take home off the market October 1st. At lease that is the plan. Hannah is done working at Target. A little rest prior to returning  for final year at MLC. Abi continues for one more week...fun in between. Cherith will work right up to returning to WLC.
Here are some pics.
Mc quilt Mystery Quilt along

First 2 blocks of 12



Academic quilt block plus more



Scrap vortex for coffee table in AZ





Dutch Treat blocks








No comments:

Post a Comment